- Please support Misophonia Institute and you can watch the videos. (donate now)
The Misophonia Institute and Misophonia Association hosted the 1st International Misophonia Research Symposium on August 4, 2018 in San Francisco, California East Bay. Eleven misophonia researchers presented in person or by video. The presentations are now available to you on video if you make a donation of $25 or more to Misophonia Institute. (donate now).
|2||Misophonia Overview and Survey Data||Tom Dozier||10:58|
|3||Initial Physical Response of Misophonia||Tom Dozier||2:02|
|4||The Brain Basis for Misophonia||Sukhbinder Kumar||15:40|
|5||Misophonia – A Preliminary Proposal for a Theoretical Framework||Sukhbinder Kumar||13:21|
|6||Misophonia: A Conditioned Aversive Reflex Disorder||Tom Dozier||22:25|
|7||Theory of Misophonia||Discussion||17:27|
|8||Misophonia: Heredity? Learning behavior? Impaired selective attention?||Tanit Ganz Sanchez||0:47|
|9||Proposed Diagnostic Criteria for Misophonia||Chris Pearson||14:53|
|10||Should Misophonia be Classified as a New Psychiatric Disorder?||Steve Taylor||2:39|
|11||Misophonia in Singaporean Psychiatric Patients||Tian Ci (Travis) Quek||12:14|
|12||Misophonia: Preliminary Findings from a Randomized Clinical Trial||Dean McKay||0:11|
|13||Case Study: A Novel Application of Mindfulness- and Acceptance-Based Components to Treat Misophonia||Rebecca Schneider||0:37|
|14||Sequent Repatterning: Enhancing an Established Therapy with Reconsolidation||Chris Pearson||22:54|
|15||Counterconditioning and Muscle Relaxation Treatment for Misophonia||Tom Dozier||1:37|
|16||EEG and Misophonia Research Study Proposal||Nilima Salankar||12:19|
|17||Misophonia: The General Perspective and the Association with Affective Empathy||Mercede Erfanian||not included|
The symposium was designed for those have conducted misophonia research, are conducting misophonia research, or are funding misophonia research. Professionals who provide treatment (or interested in providing treatment) to individuals with misophonia also attended.
The conference provided discussion on questions such as:
– What is misophonia?
– What causes misophonia?
– How does misophonia develop, maintain, and expand?
– What treatments help and why?
– Ideas for future research on misophonia.
- Sequent Repatterning Hypnotherapy has been enhanced by adding memory reconsolidaiton to the treatment framework. You will see the data collected from almost 500 people treated vs. the last 80 who had the additional benefit of memory reconsolidation.
- Fordam University Misophonia Treatment Study preleminary results are were presented by Dean McKay. These are very hopeful results for misophonia treatment with stress managment and a special exposure procedure (which also incorporated memory reconsolidation).
- Is misophonia caused by a brain defect or brain learning principles. find out the implications of research by Sukhbinder Kumar and Tom Dozier.
- And more… much more.
The videos are provided to you as an unlisted links on YouTube. Save the links (email to you) and you can watch the videos whenever or wherever you wish. Links to dropbox files are available on request.
Thank you gifts for donating to Misophonia Institute.
- Video of Misophonia Treatment and Management Techniques for Individuals ($20 or more)
- Video of Misophonia Treatment and Management Techniques for Professionals (more technical, but same basic content as above) ($30 or more)
- Videos of 1st International Misophonia Research Symposium ($25 or more)
Hardship donation gifts: If you are having financial hardship, you may make a donation of any amount and ask for the videos. We do not want to keep this information from anyone because of financial hardship.